Thursday, March 09, 2006

Trans-Iowa Slayer Well I ordered up the newest edition to the fleet. It's a fiesty, cannibal orange, Lemond Poprad. After weeks of going back and forth. I finally decided to go with the Poprad over the Surly Cross-Check. The price difference was just too good to pass up. Plus, that is one tasty color. I'll be swapping out saddles for a Selle Italia SLR XC. It's the same saddle I have on my mountain bike, and I love it. I still need to decide on pedals though. I think It'll be one fast machine for Trans-Iowa. I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be here Wednesday or Thursday, and I'll be able to rough it up next weekend. I'll post some pictures of the build-up and maiden voyage next week.

10 comments:

Lane said...

Pedals, where we race there is no such things as pedals. We let the gravity do the talking. Dave, you've changed, and i don't like it one bit. Shame, Shame on you.

Anonymous said...

nice ride...
good to see there'll be more 'cross bikes at TI

Brian said...

Sweet! Nice choice going with the Poprad.

I agree, that color is kick ass.

Endurosnob said...

New rides are always sweet. Very nice addition to the stable.

G-reg said...

Why not the Disk Pop? That would be teh sweet.

Simmons said...

I don't really need disc brakes for the Trans-Iowa course. Do I?

G-reg said...

Well.....No. But that's the CX bike I've been looking at, and I can't vicariously live through you if you get the boring one.

Brooks Leedahl said...

sweet ride. disc cx bikes are gay. every cool person needs to own an orange bike one time in their life.

Anonymous said...

Nice choice Dave, always wiser to go with the complete bike. Not as much fun maybe, but a lot less expensive. I'm a little disappointed there won't be another Cross Check at TI. I hung the new parts on mine Thursday and it sure rides nice.

Lars said...

I mounted a Propad while I was still shopping. It felt good. The Surly color choices are a bit bland.