Sunday, June 01, 2008

Trent and the Dike (a dirty little tale)

Trent and I went on a brutal gravel grinder this morning. Fresh off his late night training sessions in the Twin Cities with Brian last weekend, I knew I was in for one helluva ride. Trent has been instrumental in my preparation for the RA300 next weekend. This was the last chance to get in a good workout before the taper. We headed west on a gravel road not too far from my house. Into a slight headwind we pushed on for what seemed forever. Then we turned south for a few miles until we found a rutted up minimum maintenance road. We plowed through the muck dodging four wheeler ruts and shotgun shells. Finally we came to a dike that brought us back home. It was super soft from the recent thunderstorms, and full of horse hoof holes. Trent was happy he broke in his new ride with some mud and horse poo : ) We ended up back at my place for some much needed coffee. Great ride Trent! I'm ready to tackle the Manitoba wild next weekend. Here are a few pictures from the ride.

THE END

3 comments:

Brian said...

Nice pics from your gravel grinder, Vino.

Looks like Henry is already on the Jr Development Team Brown Bear. :)

Cycling Scribe said...

It was a blast taking on that dyke with you Dave. I really enjoyed the joe. Good luck next weekend, you're gonna do great!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave: Good Luck my friend, I am sooooo jealous...The powers-that-be are making us return to school on Monday and Tuesday next week, so I could not sighn up...Get behind Blair S. and hold on for as long as possible!!!! Give the guys up in Canada all my best...Hopefully, I can make it next year...if it comes up, advocate for a little later in June for next year!!!! The first weekend in June is tough with all the graduations, etc...
xoxoxox,
charlie

ps Good looking kid!!!!!