Monday, April 23, 2007

I stopped in the Ski and Bike Shop on Saturday afternoon. Man were they busy. Way to go guys and gals. Chuck Linder was even there. Hi Chuck. Luckily Dave Sears found the time to install a pair of fenders and a second layer of bar tape on the Poprad. Fenders for commuting in the rain, and more bar tape for those long gravel grinders this summer. He did a really nice job on the tape. I'm trying out some of Salsa's Goma tape in a loud orange color. It seems more durable than regular gel tape. As for the fenders I took Kent Peterson's advice on getting the Planet Bike Cascadia fenders. They really cover the wheel. I should be streak free for sure. At least on the outside of my shorts : ) Thanks to PW for getting me those parts and Thanks again to Dave for going above and beyond, as usual. Here's a few pictures of the Poprad. Jen calls it the "Ernie Bike". Enjoy.

5 comments:

Brian said...

The Poprad is looking good, Vino!

Your tape is now very orange and thick, much like Trent's .....

Nevermind, I won't go there. :)

Lars said...

I might have to strap some fenders on the Crosscheck. Let me know how you like the Planet bikes compared to the SKS ones at the SBS.

Dave said...

Looking good. I would love to add a full-fendered gravel grinder to my arsenal.

Anonymous said...

I think the poprad needs an eno hub upgrade. That rear der. and der. cables really detract from the smooth round lines created by the new fenders and vicious fast DS handlebars.

G-reg said...

You'd have to be mental to use ENO components.