Sunday, December 03, 2006

Second Gear Test Did another sleeping gear test last night up in good old Grand Forks. A little colder last night than earlier this week. It got down to -3 degrees F with a 15 mph wind. I lasted until 4:30am when the cold started to creep into my bag with me. I used my Bibler Bipod Bivy this time. It definitely helped to keep the wind off of me and add a little bit of warmth. I slept very well. I really felt comfortable for the first time. I didn't have any of the claustrophobic panic attacks that send me clawing for the zippers in the middle of the night. I think that I will continue to try and get more comfortable by sleeping outside whenever the forecast calls for temps below 0 degrees F. We'll see how many nights I can get this winter : ) Cold Night Count: 2

3 comments:

Brian said...

Be honest with us Dave. Is this just Jen forcing you to sleep outside because she's mad at you about something?

:)

FixieDave said...

I wish I could get rent pro-rated for the nights i've spent out this year

Chris said...

Night number 2, uh oh. I better catch up. Maybe Santa will bring me a -20 bag?