Thursday, October 26, 2006

Random links post I'm going to attempt to link to as many other sites as possible in one post. Well it's official I signed up for the Arrowhead 135 today. Now I just have to wait and see if they accept my entry. Only 50 allowed this year and those 50 are determined by your race resume. I hope I'm worthy. As of earlier this week only 23 had registered so hopefully I'm in by default : ) I found a bike apparel company named Evomo that I ordered a T-shirt from. Here is one that expresses how I feel about Dr. Dingle's recent post. Make sure you enlarge the picture to get the whole effect. Pretty nice stuff. Not as nice as the Team Brown Bear shirts that I can't wait to see. Speaking of Team Brown Bear. Brooks is on a roll in the WCA cyclocross series. Second in points. Very impressive. Brian could be right up there if he can just toughen up a little : ) Is Lane alive? In the on going Pugsley saga. I'm set on a 9-speed rear wheel. If it's good enough for Mike Curiak, it's good enough for me. Now I just need to install a couple valves in the fork and downtube for white gas : ) Does anyone have a hub suggestion? Sounds like DT Swiss is pretty good. That's all for now. Later.

3 comments:

Brooks Leedahl said...

thats a lot of links. your team brown bear shirt is in the mail.

dt/chris king/white industries/xtr. all awesome and very worthy hubs. find the cheapest one and ride the hell out of it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Brooks for the hubs, make sure you get disc compatible. Might as well get a front derailleur since you're going 9 speed. Might as well finish the blurple pugs the way it wanted to be built.

Trails along the river by the dam are in great shape. Heavy 4x4 traffic has kept path clear. Bike path is almost complete, two 50 yard sections yet to be completed for a path around town. Shows a lot of promise for winter training.

G-reg said...

I'd say something cup and cone with good seals(ShimanHo). You can use a light lube for the winter and rebuild them without a machine shop.