Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random Post Went to Maplelag with Trent today. It was a great ride. The deer flies have died off and there are still no mosquitoes. Temps were in the 80's, but there was a nice breeze to cool us down. There was almost two miles of new singletrack. That means just over a nine mile course for the Laddies Loppet race in two weeks. It was good to get out there and see all of the new and old stuff. That course never fails to humble me. I had a few close calls on the lake drops. Trent had a nice slow motion Over-the-bars moment. I wish I had remembered my camera : ) Oh well, now Trent can deny it. Brian you need to get up this way with the 9.9 soon. You would love it. How about coming up for the Loppet? In other news. It looks like Dave Nice is looking at putting on a Trans-Iowa style race in Colorado next Fall. That would be a lot of fun. I should have more vacation to work with by that time as well. It also looks like Trans-Iowa V.3 is a go for next year. It is going to be a loop course instead of across the state though. I like that idea very much. Check out this post from Nick Martin's blog. I'd give anything for a Moots snow bike that carries your stove fuel in the fork and downtube. Wow! Speaking of snow bikes. Who wants to go to the Arrowhead 135 race on Feb. 5th? I'll be in GF again this weekend. Maybe it won't rain like last weekend, and I can check out the new trails at Turtle River. Talk to ya later.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Did Trent screw up his new wheels in his over the bars wipeout? I sure hope not! Or did he end up in the lake?

The 9.9 will be outfitted with the new XTR before next season. I will post some fun pics from Trek World in my next blog post.

Anonymous said...

No Trent did not screwup his new wheels. Just his spine! And it did not happen on a Lake Drop, thank the bicycle gods.
It was a good time and we will have to do it again for sure, Dave.

PaddyH said...

see ya at maplelag....feller

Brian said...

Have fun at your first day of work at FedEx tomorrow, Vino!

FixieDave said...

MMM mmmm snow bikes...

me wants before next years TI ;)

mabe it'd float.