Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Engaged Yes, it is true. I'm finally engaged! After nine years together, I have come to the conclusion that she is "the one". I'm soo lucky that she is as patient as I am. Not sure about the details yet. We're thinking a winter wedding maybe. I told her to just tell me when and where, and I'll be there :) Anyway, it's been a busy holiday season. Brian came back to the homeland last weekend. We had a big turn out for Hub night. Except the grill was closed again. That's two time's in a row with no "Hub Burger". It was still a lot of fun. I went to my parents for Christmas at Lake Sarah. Good to see the family for the second time this year. Hi Mom and Dad! It was great to see the expression on everyone's face when they realized Jen was wearing an engagement ring. Lots of "It's about time" being thrown around. On a biking note. I'm starting to amp up the training for the Arrowhead race at the beginning of February. I'm going to try and slowly build milage the next four weeks. Then take a trial run out to Lake Sarah at the end of the month. It's about 140 miles round trip. I'm planning on riding there, camping out overnight, then riding back. I should be able to work out any remaining gear issues on that ride. Well, I hope the holidays treated everyone well. Thanks for all the congrats on my engagement, and have a great New Year's if I don't blog before then. Drive safe! Good night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simmons/Vino/Joseba/Horner throws down! Big attack motoring like a diesel! About time? Paul and Phil think it was the right time.

Can/will it be answered by Brain,Sears,Fox,Greg? Is it the winning solo move? Where is Squez? How far does Simmons have to go? Will a team car magically appear and let one of the others bridge the gap? This is a hella long stage.

pw

Brian said...

You're just lucky that Jen snatched you up before I got a chance to.

Simmons said...

We could have been Brokeback Bikers :)

Lane said...

another one bites the dust! congrats mr simmons and hopefully brian A wait thats too obvious i mean b abraham will get the hint

Anonymous said...

Phil and Paul here with a race update. Hard to tell as the conditions are a little foggy on the course below, but it appears that there is a rider trying to bridge the gap to Simmons. To bad it's winter and we can't get the race number. We did find Squez, and yes he is in the team car at this time. pw

Brian said...

Way to keep on top of updating your blog Vino!

How is the preparation for Arrowhead coming along? Engaged life has changed you...

;)